Friday, February 4, 2011

Back to Reality

Has it really been almost 2 weeks since last time I updated? Wow, I am sorry to our family members who need their weekly Jackson pics! I have been back in Florida for 2 weeks and its been great just living life here at home and not getting ready for the next trip. Don't get me wrong, it was so much fun traveling during the holidays, but we were ready to get back to real life.

I've had a long to-do list since September that is finally getting some things checked off. It feels great seeing projects completed and our house getting more put-together. We didn't take any pictures with our digital camera this week, just snapped some quick ones with ipod and iphones, so here is a quick update through some low-quality (sorry)camera pics.

Jackson is turning into such a big boy!


It really freaks me out that he's turning one NEXT MONTH! Wow, I didn't even realize that until I typed it. Scary. But anyways, he's not a baby anymore and is telling me this by refusing to eat baby food anymore. No puffs either. Basically he eats are fruits and veggies all day, which isn't bad obviously, but he really won't eat bread or meat that much. He puts down grapes like its his job, seriously, I've been buying 2 bunches a week just for him. Blueberries, Bananas, Watermelon, and Pear are his other fruits of choice, then he'll eat corn, peas, carrots, asparagus, and broccoli. Such a healthy guy! He'll eat chicken occasionally, but won't eat deli meat.

As I'm saying all this I should attach a pic of him eating said fruit, but of course I don't have one. The only pics I have are of him eating things that are out of the ordinary for him.

He loves pasta (as long as there are plenty of veggies in it)





Oh and last night, I ordered my healthy little guy his first kids meal! Terrible mom? But at least it was Chick-Fil-A and I got him semi-healthier versions of chicken nuggets (which he actually ate) and waffle fries (which he spit out every time I tried to give him one - I'm tellin ya, he's healthy!) But the main event was that he loved the lemonade! Again, terrible mom? He's not really getting excited about the whole drinking from a sippy cup thing, I'm now thinking it's because we weren't giving him what he wanted - fresh squeezed lemonade. But seriously, we're also going to try a sippy cup with a straw instead of spout. But this 10-month old gets nursed for the majority of his "drinks" for now ... hopefully we can wean him in the next couple months?


On Saturday we bought Annual DisneyWorld Passes again and started the year off with some EPCOT fun! We rode SpaceShip Earth, saw the aquarium, and walked around all the different countries with Jackson.




Oh and now the show with Michael Jackson "Captain EO" is playing again, so we put on our 3D glasses and checked it out.


Back to that to-do-list ... we've crossed quite a few things off such as: installed our surround sound speakers, hung a bathroom cabinet, ordered blinds, set up our new computer, organized all our files, got our patio screen fixed after a crazy wind and rain storm blew part of it out! (see pic)



And we bought a dining room table that, as you can see, Jackson is pretty happy about!



Now we're ready to entertain our weekend guests, the Swapps (who should be arriving at our house with Tyler in about 30 minutes)! We're going to DisneyWorld tomorrow, then having the McKinnons over for a Super Bowl Dinner Party on Sunday. Excited for the weekend!

3 comments:

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

I can't believe you're still nursing. Well - I guess I can. Naomi and I were both over it by 9 months and that's when I weaned her. He looks like he's thinning out a bit - or rather just growing into his chunk? Still cute as ever!

Steven said...

gotta love my Jackson! Gonna be walking in about a month or so!

abbie said...

so fun seeing you guys! jackson is a doll and the house is looking great!