Thursday, February 17, 2011

FOUR YEARS

Yesterday Tyler and I celebrated 4 YEARS of marriage!! Sometimes I think it has flown by, but then again, so much has happened since then. We have graduated, moved away, and grown so much closer together. We know each other pretty well nowadays and we are discovering our new role as parents together.

It also seems like a long time ago when I look at this picture and see how much younger we look!



We've had some amazing years together, but this 4th year has definitely been the most eventful. With having a baby and buying a house, we feel like we're real adults now -- forget this newlywed stuff! We have been so incredibly blessed this year and are excited for the years to come.

We spent the day at home in the morning, went to a golf course for lunch and then Tyler hit some range balls while Jackson watched. It was pretty fun seeing my two boys out on the range for the first of many times to come.









Then last night we went to dinner and a movie and had a babysitter for Jackson (which we've only done a handful of times). He's normally pretty easy to take along with us, but Tyler convinced me to leave him at home for this special night :-) We went to The Melting Pot which is one of my favorites and we hadn't been there in a couple years.

My two favorite foods are cheese and chocolate. Tyler loves their meats and dipping sauces, so put it all together and you've got one happy couple.




We'll leave you with a couple videos.

The first one is Jackson walking in the first few seconds ... I attempted to get him to clap for himself, but it wasn't about to happen. So feel free to stop watching as soon as he falls down.



This next one is a little bit longer, but worth it in the end. Jackson walks a little bit in the middle of the video, but then gets distracted by a certain someone coming through the door near the end ...


can you tell how much this little boy loves his daddy? he crawls so fast! and no this wasn't staged, I didn't know Tyler was coming home and he didn't know I was filming.

3 comments:

Kristi & Phil said...

I can't believe he is walking! Happy anniversary! Love the shirt Rach:)

Kristi & Phil said...

Okay, I was watching the Jackson videos and then Reesie came in the room. She started squealing & screaming Jacksy when she saw him. She has now wanted to keep watching & watching& watching them. She has the biggest smile on face...it is so cute! Now, she is asking me, "where is jackson?" because I have delayed her video watching. haha! Too cute when you come home tyler and he gets sooo excited! Luv it! Miss u guys. And tell Jacksy that Reesie misses him too!

bdub said...

Congrats on the 4th! I can't believe he's practically walking. He'll be a pro by spring break and I won't be there to see it :(