Jackson's gift to me this year was finally getting back in a good nighttime sleeping routine! For the past few nights he's sleeping for 10 hours, waking up to eat, then going back to sleep and sleeping in until around 8 am! I'm really liking this new schedule :-)
When he woke up I asked him if he knew what day it was .... this was his response:
He seemed to ask, "Ummm am i forgetting something"? Then I told him -- it's Valentine's Day!!
He was pretty excited.
The day started out with Tyler surprising me with my favorite chocolate doughnut to start the day and then we opened our cards and presents from Grammy. Jackson loves giving kisses to his new red monkey and loooooves reading books! We all got red/pink workout wear this year.
Then after Jackson's morning nap we all went to lunch at Houston's in Winter Park. Tyler was planning on going with some guys for work, but when they couldn't come it turned out to a nice little family lunch!
Jackson tried mango for the first time and loved it!
It was such a pretty day that we played around on the patio area for a while after we ate.
Probably the most eventful part of the day happened while we were skyping with Uncle Steven and Grammy. Jackson took his first steps!!!!!! He took about 6 or 7 steps a few different times during the conversations. We got it on our video camera, and now I just need to find the cord that connects the video camera to the computer ... hopefully we'll have a video of the walking up here in the next day! It's crazy how he just started walking all of a sudden. He also learned to crawl for the first time while skyping with them on Steven's birthday in December. So basically, Steven is good luck :-)
Last night we stayed home and made pizza with heart shaped pepperonis of course!
Jackson even got to try some!
It was a great day, and now we get to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow!
2 comments:
That last comment was mine... but I was signed on under my Relief Society's email. Haha! I thought it would be weird for the Provo 4th ward Relief Society to comment on your blog. But here's what I said:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!
I can't believe J is walking! That is super exciting!
Also... Spring Break 2012. Ya. Baby.
Post a Comment