Cedric is just starting to discover Disney characters and is really into Toy Story Characters, so lucky for us we were able to meet Buzz Lightyear a couple of times!
Tyler had to work on Friday, so I was their tour guide at Epcot and the Magic Kingdom that day. The weather was PERFECT, 80 degrees, sunny with a light breeze. Heaven. I even wore shorts for the first time in months. I didn't take any pictures so Thank You to Jill who just sent me some of hers from that day!
We spent our time doing rides for Cedric that day (minus a little Space Mountain for me and Jill while he napped). Fantasy Land was packed for the holiday weekend, but we waited in the long line for Peter Pan -- Cedric's love for Peter Pan and Jill's enthusiastic narration made the 60 second ride well worth the wait!
During the weekend Jackson learned how to give high-fives! I think it was due to Jill and Cedric's coaching!
He hasn't quite gotten the hang of the fist bump yet though...

And yes, we realize they are wearing basically the same outfit, but as you can see from the lovely legs in the pictures above, plaid shorts are a must at Disney.
Jackson and Cedric love books! They look a little annoyed in this picture though, as Steven would attest, they're probably thinking ... "Don't you ever interrupt me while I'm reading a book!"
Anyways, Tyler came with us to Hollywood Studios on Saturday morning - with some sneaky maneuvering and insider info, we were able to get the Fillmores on the ride Toy Story Mania 4 times that day while waiting no more than 10 minutes each time! (Tom and Ashley would maybe appreciate this fact more than anyone) But FYI - the average wait time on that ride is over an hour :-)
We were able to meet Buzz and Woody that day!
Tyler had to leave in the middle of the day to host our ward's "Guac Off" BBQ! The guys in our ward brought their best guacamole or salsa to be enjoyed and judged! Tyler also grilled burgers for everyone out back. He took a coulple pics to document the event.
He said there were about 12 different dips in the running, and Tyler won in the "best salsa" category so not too shabby!
While he hosted the party, we went over to Animal Kingdom. Brian and Jill rode Everest, we saw the Nemo Show, went on the Safari and played around on the BoneYard. But we didn't take any pictures other than Jesus in sky...
We ended the day with Tyler rejoining us at Hollywood Studios for the Finale of the American Idol show and a ride on the Rock'N Roller Coaster. I hadn't ridden this ride since we moved here because I was either pregnant or recently, kinda wimpy. But I'm so glad I rode it with Jill because it's so awesome!
(if you couldn't tell by our faces...)
It was nice to relax at home and church on Sunday after our busy two days. I think Jackson was grateful to be out of the stroller, and able to show us his new walking skills! His record is 30 steps!
SIX YEARS after living together as college freshman, it was so fun to see Jill again and to spend the weekend as Moms with babies! Cedric and Jackson played together really well and I hope they'll always be buddies when we get together in Arizona in the future!

3 comments:
I love this so much!
how fun! YAY I love all you guys! :) such adorable kids
Yay for Toro reunions! It's great that Jill and her family were able to visit you guys. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment