January 5th we should have headed back to Florida, but since Tyler had to be in Cali for the week of Jan 7-13, we decided it made more sense for me to stay out west rather than come home to Florida alone for another week. So Jackson and I headed back down to Arizona where Grammy, Grandad & Steven were ready for some more Jackson time :)
Steven and Jackson are best buddies - Jackson learned that Grammy's iPad was really neat because he could watch all his videos on there. He would find the iPad and take it to Steven and request either "hoop" or "choo choo" videos. Of course Steven would hook him up and they spent lots of time on youtube together.
The boys had so much to play with in Steven's closet! Trucks, balls, trains - this kid was in heaven.
One day J & Ste were playing outside and when we looked out the windows to check on them, they were nowhere in site. My mom looked out to the side of the house, and there they were laying in the hammock together. So presh.
Saturday morning we went to Steven's baseball game and he hit a home-run! This was his first over the fence home-run, the ball sailed over the fence and Jackson and I were lucky enough to be there. We celebrated with lunch at In'N'Out and Jackson got another one of his favorite milkshakes.
Jackson loved Steven's old little PB chair, especially when Grandad carried him in it around the house like a king on a throne. He probably will be getting one of these of his own out here in FL.
One of the highlights of the trip was going to the McCormick Railroad Park up in Scottsdale. We went there last year with 10 month old Jackson, but 21 month old Jackson was much more into it!
As soon as he saw this huge train at the front of the park, he was happy at once.
We waited in line for our turn to ride the train around the park.
As we got our turn on the train, J was loving it. He waved at everyone we passed and said a quiet 'choo choo' repeatedly the whole ride.
We finished with a little picnic lunch where Jackson insisted on dipping each bite of his chicken nuggets in BBQ sauce. Messy but yummy, i think he likes it more than ketchup honestly. But I was proud that he sat and ate with us for so long, but then when the train drove by again he got a little distracted but had fun waving as it went by.
By the end of the week he was so at home at my parents house I was beginning to wonder if he forgot he doesn't live there all the time. He slept great every night and nap and was so comfortable with the family. He even discovered the joy of Sonic 44 oz cherry lime aids, like any good Mesa kid :)
But my mom and I were able to spend more time talking about Jackson's baby sister. We're now in the third trimester and it's time to start thinking pink!
I don't think I've ever put a bump picture up this time around - so here is one of me just entering my 27th week - 6 months along. The bump grew quite a bit on the trip! Certain jeans weren't fitting as nicely as they had been when I packed them in December...
Between a few Christmas presents and one very successful target trip, we got a few essentials for baby girl so I don't feel like a terrible neglectful mother. We also got some cute pink fabric for her quilt! Jackson's nursery is all black & white with blue accents, so now we just get to add some pink accents for this time around. The quilt is going to be a lot of fun :)
I took this pic of J on our last night in AZ. He had so much fun playing with his family that it was sad to say goodbye.
Words & Phrases he started saying over the trip:
Hoop, Up up up, Wheee, Uh Oh Cry, Rock, Bike, Ho Ho Ho, Blueberry, Strawberry, Go here?, Cock-a-Doodle-Doo, Avie (for cousin Avery), drive, byebye binky,
I'm sure there's more but that's what I can come up with right now.
1 comment:
I can't believe you are so far along! And Jackson is so grown up! I hope I get to see you sometime soon!
Post a Comment