Thursday, January 31, 2013

9 month old Abbie

Abbie is growing up way too fast! She is such a mover and explorer now! I went from having a baby and a toddler, to basically two toddlers.I haven't done a post dedicated to Abbie since 4 months (oops) so here is one all about her.

We took her in for her 9 month check up and she weighs 19 pounds, 6 ounces (70th percentile) and her height is 27 1/4 inches (45th percentile)

She can stand alone for a few seconds. She started doing this in Arizona and has continued doing it in FL but isn't getting much longer, still just a few seconds max. We were thinking maybe she'd be walking by Michael's wedding but that's two weeks away so now I doubting it!

She is starting to cruise on furniture a lot more. Also does it with her walker and loves pushing things around and walking with them!

After having some serious separation anxiety at first in AZ and Utah, she's getting better now that were home. I was afraid to hand her to the familiar faces who had held her at church but she actually did fine. She still isn't great and will reach for me if I'm there but I'm so glad she's better. We have even left her with a babysitter, and plan to tomorrow night too :)

She has been eating so well this month! She still eats her babyfood pouches but is starting to get a little tired of them I think. I have been introducing lots of new solid foods and she loves most all of it. New more random foods that she has eaten fish, broccoli, zucchini, squash, and she loved all of it! She loves little pieces of meat (deli meats or grilled chicken), bananas, pears, grapes, blueberries,  pancakes, bagels, LOVES all types of beans, pieces of cheese and yogurt, and still eats puffs, yogurt melts and crackers while on the go.

She is starting to play with toys a lot. She loves playing in her room with toys and exploring the toy closet.


She is so good at drinking water from a sippy cup! It took Jackson a long time to get it down and eventually I went with the straw one for him because he did best with that. But this girl can drink out of basically any cup. Which is good since I am so over those straw cups leaking everywhere!

She can play peek-a-boo, wave, clap, and her "indian cry" patting her mouth saying ahh ahh ahh.

She loves her brother and gets so excited to see him each morning. She is obsessed with her daddy, seriously. But I have to admit, I think I'm still her favorite, might be that whole nursing thing ;)

She is STILL the most smiley girl we have ever seen and has such a sweet personality. She loves laughing with Jackson, playing with her daddy and cuddling with me. I sure love this girl!



It's fun that my kids can both play separatley, for about 30 seconds until Abbie wants Jackson's car...

The girl loves cheese like her mommy!

Now she can pull up on the couch to get Jackson's toys he used to "hide" there from her

Abbie meeting Captain Hook :)

Clapping in action

How I normally find her, with an empty tray because she eats everything I give her!


No comments: