After a very challenging week, December 14th came around and we flew to Phoenix. I was just so happy that my kids were healthy and Abbie was sleeping better again - that I wasn't even worried about the cross country flight that I normally stress over. One little detail we forgot though, was that the flight had a stop in Kansas City. We thought it was direct, but it was one of those "1-stop but you stay on the same plane" flights. I think we realized this when we booked the flights months ago but had totally forgotten. This added a couple extra hours of air time, but honestly, the kids did amazing.
Jackson had his iPad (which we only bust out at special occasions so it doesn't lose its allure and will entertain him at critical moments such as these) so he was happy as can be. Abbie slept most of the first flight and was generally happy the second flight and took a short nap. But she loved playing with her daddy while she could.
 |
| The two green men in her life, Gumby and Daddy. |
We got to Phoenix in the afternoon and spent a few hours with my family relaxing while the kids took naps. It was good to finally be home and let the real Christmas celebrations begin.
That night we got a visit from Tyler's brother Travis and his family, including their 4 day old baby! They were driving from Tucson to St. George to be with Alise's family and we got to meet precious Ellie. They stopped by for some pizza and a pit stop before they began the long drive to St. George. It was a short visit, but luckily we got to spend a week with them in SLC after Christmas.
 |
| Meeting Ellie! Such a good baby... |
Jackson loved seeing my parents (Grammy and Grandad) but he gets especially excited for Uncle Steven. Maybe it's the fact that they are only 10 years apart, but they have a special bond. I warned Steven that if he was home, he had to be ready to be playing with Jackson pretty much that entire time. Jackson wouldn't really let him out of his sight. "Come on Steven, play trains!" "This way, Steven" "Play cars with me Steven" "I play Bike Race on your ipod please Steven" Were lines we heard multiple times a day :)
.JPG) |
| Jackson has always loved his Uncle Steven. |
My kids love playing at Grammy's house because there are so many toys! Jackson remembered all his favorites from the summer, plus we busted out some new interests like this pirate ship
I just realized that I've never said it on this blog, but my brother is engaged! Getting married in February to Annika! He proposed on Thanksgiving Eve and it's been busy wedding planning for the moms ever since.
Michael and Annika are both up at BYU right now and drove down to Mesa on Saturday, the day after we arrived. Michael's got a lot to live up to with the favorite Uncle Steven, but he was able to entice him into a fun game of fishing :)
 |
| He also had way too much fun with these fishing poles.They got a little
dangerous at times, but he got pretty good at catching his fish, it
takes a lot of hand eye coordination :) |
My mom had been concerned about Abbie getting into the Christmas tree, but I think this photo documents the only time she got an ornament down. She spent most of her time destroying Jackson's train tracks...
Monday night we went to the Mesa Temple lights! Jackson loooves temples so it was fun to take him this year when he is starting to understand what a temple is. He loved seeing the camels, baby Jesus and all the nativity characters and lights.
The next day Paige, Ben & William came to town - so I was able to meet my cute nephew for the first time. He is such a cutie and such a dang good boy. We call him Chill Will because he really is the most chill little guy.
 |
| Steven got home from school and was so excited to meet his nephew too. |
.JPG) |
| All the cousins! |
.JPG) |
| Jackson loves Baby Will! Seriously, didn't expect this at all, but he was so cute with him :) |
I was able to meet up with some friends at Tia Rosa's for lunch one day and while there learned that my great friend Carly is pregnant! I'm so happy for her, but really thought she was just messing with me when she first pulled an ultrasound photo out of her purse. She's in her 2nd year of law school right now but if anyone can handle a baby in law school - Carly can!
 |
| Anna, Angie, Carly & Me |
We also were able to attend my Stevens family Christmas Party. My mom hosted this year and Jackson was initiated into the family tradition of chimes :)
 |
| Everyone takes chiming very seriously PS |
.JPG) |
| Michael and Annika reading The Night Before Christmas |
 |
| Oh yeah I have no arm muscles but can still easily hold my two kids totaling 53
pounds (J - 34, A - 19) But don't ask me to pick up a 50 pound dumbbell. |
Despite this picture, one thing Abbie didn't do much of on this trip, was sleep. She actually did ok for naps, but would not sleep at night. It was a really long 4 weeks because of that. She really hates pack & plays apparently. She would be asleep in my arms and then I'd lean over to put her to sleep and she'd wake up immediately. This happened several times each day. At home I could put her in her crib awake and she'd put herself to sleep but with the new environment it wasn't happening. She got better as the trip went on, but really this was the hardest part..
 |
| Looked too cute with her legs perfectly straight. |
My mom got the kids these cute matching outfits for church. We didn't have as much luck taking a great picture however...
 |
| The best picture we got :) |
Another highlight was the blessing of Baby William. We met over at Ben's family's house and all the uncles who were in town and both grandpas were able to be there with Ben to bless this special little guy.
 |
| Both Grandmas love William |
It was a great time in Arizona, and that's not even talking about Christmas Eve or Christmas yet :)
1 comment:
I'm honored that I made it on the blog! It was so good to see you even if I wish I'd been able to see you more. Come visit soon. Love ya!
Post a Comment