Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Arizona again

For the 4th year in a row, I headed to Arizona while Tyler had his national sales meeting in California. This year, however, was the first time flying by myself with two kids! To say I was nervous would be an understatement! The previous flights hadn't been too bad, but there was no way I could have done those alone. But this was only one hour, right during Abbie's morning naptime and Jackson's happiest time, so we had good odds. Also, Tyler was able to be in the airport with me so he helped me up until the gate. I had lots of prayers going my way and the flight turned out great! Abbie fell asleep just after the plane took off and slept until we got to the gate. Jackson was amazing. He sat and played with the iPad, cars, treats and drink and really didn't cause a fuss the whole time. Since I was holding the sleeping Abbie, this was very important :) Oh and did I mention the one empty seat on the plane was next to me? Blessed.
 

After landing in Phoenix, these kids were amazing!
 Back in Arizona we reconnected with Paige, William and Steven and my parents of course. It was a chill week and we had fun in AZ after all the holiday business was over.


Jackson playing with my old marching band set.

Abbie helped Grammy and Grandad take down the Christmas Tree!

Abbie met Adelaide Fillmore while the boys were wresting somewhere in the grass...

We sent this pic to daddy who was missing his kids

Jackson loved giving baby Will checkups with my old doctor set.

It was a full car heading out with this bunch!
 For the third January in a row, we went to the Railroad Park and Jackson loved it even more this year!
He stood their and posed knowing I wanted a picture apparently :)

This year they had this train museum opened. It's still a work in progress but Jackson was in heaven watching all the trains go by. This made up for the fact that the Sirrine Train Display wasn't open this year!We hung out in here until it was time to go ride the train!



In heaven



So focused

Could have stood their all day

Say Cheese with Grammy!
 He didn't want to leave but then was happy once he remembered about the big train outside!

Giving his ticket

Can you tell he's happy :)
William and Abbie for their first ride

Love this boy of mine :)

OK let's put it all in a collage just for fun.
 Have I mentioned how much Jackson loves baby Will? I think this picture says it all!


One night I was able to go and get a facial and it was so great! Thanks for the present again, Mom! While there they fed Abbie one of her favorite foods and she went to town! I normally give her only a couple at a time to avoid the mess and cleanup, but I think she enjoyed it!
This girl can eat!
Uncle Steven with his only niece!
Have I also mentioned that Abbie decided she really only liked mom and dad best and wouldn't go to hardly anyone this whole trip? And that she would often cry if I even left the room? Back in Florida she had absolutly no problem being held by anyone and hadn't minded the few times I'd left her with babysitters. But all of a sudden she got major stranger danger disease, good timing right?

Oh and did I mention that she slept terribly every night for 4 weeks straight? Woke up at least 3 times every night and sometimes every hour? Yeah, maybe I've been trying to forget about that but yeah it happened. And it was hard. But luckily by the end of the trip, even though she still slept bad, she was much more comfortable going to her family! She finally would be held by anyone, and didn't care if I was there or not. Phew.
Buddies for life
 The kids in their Sunday best! Impossible to get a pic of them all looking though, sorry William!

 

 The trip wouldn't have been complete without a visit with Brook & Hillary! I got to meet cute little Porter Day, seriously a gorgeous baby. And reconnect with little Violet Darner, just 2 months older than Abbie. Is it so crazy we have 5 kids between us now?

If you knew how hard it was to get someone to take this pic, haha!
 It was a great relaxing week in Arizona but it felt good to see Tyler again and get back to our Florida home!


No comments: