Slowly but surely I am catching up this blog! We had a lot of fun spending our 3rd New Years in a row up in Utah. We spent some of New Years Eve at this Pizza Play Arcade in Draper. Jackson loved the play place, riding the train and cars, but loved the mini golf and go-carts. We went for lunch and stayed in the afternoon and it was totally nap time, so I'm kind of remembering that he was very much in need of a nap while there...
 |
| Tyler and Jackson taking off |
That night all of Tyler's siblings came over to his parents house and we spent the night eating yummy mexican food and of course playing "up and down the river" Maybe I should mention that I won the Championship that night?? Go in-laws!! ;) Troy and Tammy left her house is San Diego earlier that day but sadly they didn't make it in time! We got to see them the next morning though.
 |
| Just missing Troy & Tammy! |
 |
| Martinellis & Kisses for New Years! |
The next day was actually the warmest day of the trip, what was it maybe 35 ? Ugh that sounds awful now. But at least the sun was shining and it didn't snow! So finally we took our kids out in the snow and sledding. He had fun playing in the snow for a little while and then would realize, "I'm so cold!" or "I'm all wet!" and kind of freak out. But I can't blame him being a Florida boy. Overall he liked the snow but probably would rather live in Florida :)
.JPG) |
| Jackson loved running around with their new dog Tony |
.JPG) |
| Jackson's first attempt at sledding, he was a little nervous at first. |
We took Jackson sledding a little bit over his first Christmas as a baby, but last year there was no snow. So Jackson really had no experience with sledding and really didn't know what it was all about at first. He wasn't so sure about the boots we made him wear and all the unfamiliar gear. But once he went down the first time he loved it and couldn't wait to go again and again!
.JPG) |
| Tyler went down with both kids this time! |
.JPG) |
| Say Cheese! |
.JPG) |
| After a few runs with daddy, he was brave enough to go by himself. |
.JPG) |
| Abbie, Graham, Norah & their mommys, all their first time sledding |
.JPG) |
| Abbie did pretty well out in the snow, she just hung out with me and took a few runs down the hill. |
That night was the only time that all of the Jennings family would be together so we had to take a picture! * I still need to get a copy of that* But I did snap some of the ones with the Grandkids and Grandparents. There are now 7 Grandkids, and thank you Graham for making Jackson not be the only boy :) there are 5 girls and 2 boys. Abbie kept reaching forward and almost fell off the couch at least 5 times silly girl
.JPG) |
| Jackson, Ellie, Grandma, Graham, Abbie, Norah, Grandpa, Avery & Reese |
The next night Jackson and Reese were dancing. Well Reese was dancing and Jackson was spinning around and trying to tackle her. Jackson was able to interact with Reese a lot more this trip than ever before. Probably because he is talking better. But he's a little rougher than Reese is used to, I think he'll have fun playing with Graham when he's old enough :)
.JPG) |
| This is what we looked like every night, playing games at the kitchen table. |
When we first got there Jackson was very scared of their new puppy, Tony. Although he's almost full grown, he's only 9 months old and still acts young with lots of energy. But Grandpa showed Jackson how to be the "boss of the dog" and Jackson got Tony to "sit!" and chase a ball, tire, etc. Problems kept arising when he constantly opened the front door to let Tony 'go outside' but I'm so glad that he got so much more comfortable. He was still scared if he came up in his face (can't blame him) but he would try his hardest to be brave each time. I'm excited for him to always have Tony to look forward to playing with at Grandpa's house :)
 |
| Still can't believe he got brave enough to do this. |
The last night we stayed with my grandparents up in SLC. Jackson really loves going to their house and has fun playing with Papa & Nana and all their toys. Just like last year, Jackson wanted to be like Papa and put his drink in his coaster and relaxed in his chair.
 |
| The men watching TV |
.JPG) |
| Sharing a chair with Nana |
That night we went out to dinner with the Sheffields and he did great. I'm always nervous at sit down restaurants with him, but he sat in his chair throughout the whole dinner. We only had to give him a phone to play with after he finished his food.
I'm not sure why I took this picture or what is even happening here but this was the last picture I had of the two boys. The next morning Tyler flew to CA and the kids and I flew to AZ. Whenever Tyler is around Jackson is so incredibly happy and just wants to be with him as much as he can. Tyler is so good with Jackson and it was hard for me to think that we would be without him for a week. I used to get sad because I would miss Tyler while he's away on business. But now I almost get more sad because Jackson will miss Tyler so much. They've got a special bond those two..
 |
| They kind of love each other. |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment