Tuesday, October 21, 2008

GOLF DAY!

So I don't know if anyone in Utah noticed, but the weather was amazing on Saturday!! After the scare we had during Tyler's birthday weekend with the white stuff outside in October (way too early!!!), it was great to have 70 degree temperatures again!! And what better way to spend the afternoon than at the golf course! Ok I can't believe I just said that, I'm typically not the most supportive when Tyler dissapears for hours on a Saturday... but this time was different because it was just the two of us!!


Tyler got a new bag, putter, balls, and glove for his birthday - so he just had to try them out!!
We went to Sleepy Ridge in Orem and it was really pretty! I must admit, most of my time was spent taking action shots of Ty, but I had a good time!


I tried to look like I knew what I was doing, but my running shoes with khaki capris didn't really give me much hope.....
I did a little bit of putting, and didn't do so bad! Tyler wants me to say the following: "Rachel is a natural putter, born to do wonderful things with the flat stick!! I will be taking her on my next four-man scramble." ...whatever that means...


We played nine holes and it actually went by faster than I thought ... maybe next year we'll even do 18?? Ok maybe not, "now don't get crazy" But Tyler is a great golfer!!
I tried to take videos, but as soon as the camera was rolling Ty would mess up or I wouldn't have the timing right... So finally on hole 17 I got a good swing!!

I also gained appreciation for those golf camera guys on TV, how the heck do they follow that ball through the air!!! I tried and I tried but I could never find it haha. So, if you can see the ball in this shot, you're better than me. It went straight though, so it shouldn't be too hard...

3 comments:

Britney said...

Tyler, I just found your blog through Kali's. Congratulations to you and Rachel! It's great to read about your lives, see that you're doing well, having fun out on the golf course even. :)

I love your idea to attend law school in the fall. You'll excel. Rachel's a beautiful girl, too. You've got a lot to be grateful for. Hope to keep in touch!

Has it really been eight years since our reign at Helaman Halls?? :)

Unknown said...

OH my my my we found eachother! haha well if you aren't going to be living above me, and I'm not going to be your visiting teacher and favorite neighbor anymore what better way to keep in contact then blogs! hehe. Happy late birthday to you and Tyler! What a cute blog you have! It looks like you guys are doing great! We miss you guys though! Thanks for the comment on my blog...:-)

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

Hey rach! What's up? So I'm kind of embarassed but...I'll be honest...I don't know what the crap I'm doing on this thing...so um...Will you be my friend and show me how??