So, in the previous post I mentioned that when we return to Orlando, we'd finally get our furniture, clothes and all our other "stuff" delivered to us. Well, I guess I wasn't too specific in that sentence, because I really didn't know when our stuff would arrive. And if you've ever been moved, you realize that you never quite know when the stuff will arrive. But I thought it'd get there within a week of when we get home tomorrow.
Well....Here's our situation
Our movers told us they'd deliver the stuff 10-14 days after we dropped off our car and all the final items at their warehouse in SLC. Since I dropped the car off on March 19th. that would put the stuff arriving between March 29th and April 3rd. They promised us that we'd be given a daily update of where our stuff was and when the approximate arrival date would be.
On Monday (4 days had passed) we hadn't heard anything, so Tyler contacted our mover and asked him what was up... where was our stuff? Of course he didn't know so he said someone would email us and let us know. At this point I'm thinking these people haven't even shipped it yet and we'll be lucky if we get our stuff by April 3rd!
Well Tyler got the email late yesterday ... and to our surprises ... our stuff is due to arrive March 26th at 8 am ... aka TOMORROW MORNING!!! TYLER AND I ARE BOTH OUT OF TOWN UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT!!! And no, sorry, even though they never communicated anything to us, and it's being delivered before they told us ... they won't wait for 12 hours for us to get there, they need to drop it off when they want to drop it off because they want to get back. Ok Ok, well what if they just drop the stuff off at the Orlando office/warehouse and then have them deliver it the next morning? Oh we're not doing that because even though they already promised us our final price, that would cost an additional $1000! So even though we just moved to Orlando and don't know many people there. We have to find someone to sit at our house and be there during the day when our stuff is delivered.
The GOOD NEWS is ... Luckily we've met an awesome family in our ward, our new friend Erin was willing to spend the morning at our townhouse so the movers can have permission to move our stuff in. So I think it'll all work out.
But It's killin me that they make absolutely no contact with us, and then let us know our stuff will get there in 36 hours. Needless to say, Tyler and I have been making quite a few phone calls today, scrambling to fax credit card info, call movers in Florida, Utah, Neighbors, Landlords etc etc... all while I'm trying to perform an audit in Minnesota and Tyler was in all day training in Alabama.
The moral of the story is - AVOID MAYFLOWER MOVING COMPANY!!!
And Other GOOD NEWS is, when we get back to Orlando our stuff will be there - in our new place... but it's just really freaking me out that it will be delivered and we won't tell them what goes where, what's upstairs, what's down, where those pictures go, how to put the bed together and other control freak issues I have. Maybe this will be good for me??
Anyways, that's the end of my situation. I'm in a hotel room in Minneapolis and just needed to vent my story
5 Home Security Options You Need In Place Today
2 years ago
3 comments:
Rach- When my parents moved to Boston 25 years ago, something similar happened to them. To complicate things- they had an infant in tow. Another young couple in the ward sat in front of our duplex the entire day waiting for them to show up... and 25 years later, they're some of my parents' best friends. You'll be enjoying this story at BBQs for decades.
i love your blog and reading about your stories even when they're messy moving ones. good thing for neighbors, but bad thing for bad moving companies! good luck girly.
Ditto, Rachel! I had a very similar situation last Fall moving my stuff to Oklahoma. I was in Arizona and Mark was still in training when they decided to deliver all the goods early...yikes! Luckily, Mark had a friend here at Vance who was willing to wait at our house while the mover came. Unfortunately though, the ONE mover who came couldn't lift the couches into the house and our friend had to go check in at work. The mover left the furniture outside our house and it started raining. Our friend put tarps on everything until he could get more help. Man, moving is a mess. I feel ya! Good luck!
Post a Comment