Now that I'm pretty obviously pregnant I'm getting comments everywhere I go. Saturday night I went to the grocery store and the cashier asks, as she stares at my belly, "so you've got some late night cravings?" Umm, I was actually just buying a sweet onion and a can of pineapple for Sunday's crock pot dinner - luckily I don't crave raw onions. At the post office a lady decided to share her horror story about giving birth. At church people want to just touch the tummy, some people resist but tell me they want to, some people ask first, and some people just grab away. Probably the most entertaining is the 9 year-old boy in my primary class who sat with his head on my stomach waiting to hear or feel the little guy move throughout all of sharing time. Tyler finally witnessed this as the boy ran up to me in the hall yesterday at church and started rubbing away with his ear to my bellybutton.
This is such a unique time of our lives, the last 2 months before we become parents! We're just taking it all in and enjoying all these last milestones we reach. This month we'll celebrate our last valentines day alone, and our 3rd wedding anniversary! We're trying to hit up all the Disney World Parks one more time while we can without baby. On Friday night we went to Hollywood Studios and Tyler was chosen to be an "extra" in the Indiana Jones Show! He took his job very seriously in the purple turban it was pretty entertaining to watch as he jumped around the stage...

This month we're also starting to buy everything we'll need to set up the nursery! We have plenty of cute burp cloths, blankets and cute little outfits for our little guy, but I don't have much of the real GEAR. Last week we got busy and bought a crib, dresser, glider, stroller, and infant car seat. All the furniture is being delivered in 3 weeks and I'm so excited to have a room for the little guy! We have the stroller and car seat in the living room and it's so crazy to look over and know that baby boy will be sitting in there in just a couple months!
My mom has done an amazing job with the nursery bedding so far! She made bumper pads, a bed skirt, a valance and pillow. Now she's working on his quilt and I'm so excited to get it all put in the nursery. I'll definitely be posting pictures next month when it's all up and ready!
We still have quite a few things to do to get ready, but according to the ticker on this blog - we have 58 days left!
1 comment:
Yay! It goes fast!!! Glad you guys are enjoying life outside the house. I'm sure he's gonna be a cutie!
Post a Comment