In big people news (aka not Jackson) we've been getting to know more people out here in Florida. It was always a little crowded when we invited other couples over to the townhouse, but with the house its much easier to entertain. We've had several families over at the new house during the past couple weeks. After hanging up most of our pictures and decor, cleaning out the garage, and unpacking every box in the house (except some in Tyler's office that I try to ignore) it's starting to look almost normal! We even bought a guest bedroom set and a desk for Ty's office.
My birthday is coming up and we're going on a trip up to the panhandle of Florida and we'll be staying on the Gulf Coast. Tyler has a convention this weekend and we're making a vacation around it! Hopefully Jackson does ok in the 6 hour car trip. He's not as chill as he used to be in the car so I'm crossing my fingers.
Jackson is 6 months old and I'm wondering what happened to my baby!?? He's growing up so fast it's crazy. He's 19 lb 6 oz and just over 27 inches long. He's now in the 80-85% for both weight and height so he's pretty proportionate and isn't quite as chunky as he used to be. The doctor was very surprised by his head circumference though, since it is over 95th % ... I told him it's not too surprising since Tyler can't buy a fitted hat his size! Speaking of heads, he is sprouting a bit more dark hair so hopefully he won't be bald til he's 2 like his mom was!


He loves sitting up and playing with toys. He was a little ahead of the curve and could sit up without any problem before he turned 5 months. He loves sitting so much, in fact, that I'm pretty sure he won't learn to crawl for a while. He shows no interest in being down on the ground, he'd rather be sitting up looking around or standing propped up with something. As soon as I lay him on his tummy, he rolls right over to his back. He has really mastered this skill. So, because he's only on his tummy for an average of 4 seconds before he rolls over, I doubt he'll be scooting or crawling anytime soon.

He's teething like crazy. OK I've been saying this for weeks, but its just getting more and more intense. He drools so much some days that he has to wear a bib and even then, his outfit gets soaked. He chomps on anything and everything with such intensity that I feel he has got to be getting a tooth any day now. He's been chewing and drooling for 2 months though, but I'm really hoping the little tooth pops through soon because I think it's starting to hurt. He's been a little more fussy lately and I'm sure it's teething related.
(and he loves staring at himself in our mirrors!)He reaches for everything! And he can almost wiggle himself out of the bumbo to grab what we wants. I can't wear jewelry anymore. I can't talk on the phone and hold him. In fact any sort of remote control, camera, phone, or iPod is not safe if within Jackson's wingspan. (and as documented below - water bottles are also a favorite of his)

Here are some photos from his 6 month photo shoot!



1 comment:
jackson looks like tyler.
so cute rach.
Post a Comment