Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Jennings Boys

A couple quick updates about my favorite people -- The Jennings Boys!

Mr. Tyler

First - This week he was helping give trainings in Alabama at their company's office ( and gets back later today luckily) so it was my first time at the new house by myself... not my favorite thing in the world. But he is doing an amazing job with work! He hasn't been with the company 2 years but he's already one of the top managers. It was a huge decision to take this job and move across the country, but luckily the job has been better than he could have expected. It's been a perfect fit for him.


Second - He has been serving with the Young Men in our ward ever since we moved here and has loved it! He's just one of the boys and has really grown close with lots of the kids out here. So he was a little shocked when he was just called to be the new Elders' Quorom President in our ward. Which means he won't be serving with the kids anymore and will be in charge of all the men, most of which are older than he. It's a big responsibility, but Tyler will be great at it.

And Mr. Jackson

First - He still has the rash. I have no idea where it came from. I took him to the doctor last week and they were stumped. At first she thought it was just a bug bite, then when I told her they come and go she realized it must be hives due to an allergic reaction. So she asked me if there is anything "new" in his external environment. So yeah, try a whole new house. She brought in another doctor for a second opinion and he thought it was allergies to something internal, so either something I ate and passed on via milk or rice cereal... I've been trying to figure it out by removing things but it comes when we're inside, outside, upstairs, downstairs, in the bath, in bed, or eating rice cereal or not.

I think it's starting to go away a little bit, but I'm not sure if maybe its just because I'm growing more used to it? Luckily he hasn't gotten any really bad marks on his face or anything as bad as this picture for the past few days.

Second - He still attracts attention wherever we go (because of his cuteness, not the rash luckily). Yesterday I took Jackson to the park and another family there noticed Jackson's cute smile while he was on the swing. At that point they started talking to me about how cute he is and I thanked them and everything. But what was unique about this instance was when they asked me if he's been a baby model, or been on tv or magazine advertisements because he looked so familiar, like they had seen him before?! Classic. I told them no ... and they told me, "Well he should."


We think so too... but I'm a little busy trying to put together a house to look into that...

I was at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday and could have bought dozens of things I want/need for the house. Don't worry I didn't Tyler!! But between home goods, furniture, and fixer upper projects, my "HouseStuff.doc" list is pushing 3 pages. For now we're just going a little at a time... But up at the top of my list is a queen bedroom set to fill our empty guest bedroom that will soon be visited by Grandma and Grandpa Jennings!!

1 comment:

Steven said...

u should seriously have jackson be a baby model.