
I just put Jackson down for the night and couldn't stop smiling as I was rocking him in my arms. He is such an amazing little boy and makes me so happy! I'm so lucky to be his mommy! He is getting to be so active! His favorite positions are sitting up or being held - he spends most of his time either in my arms, in a stroller, in his bumbo chair, or in his "exersaucer". He really doesn't like being on his tummy, back, or really on the ground much at all. He LOVES being out and about, and is really a social little guy (remind you of anyone?? ahem ahem Tyler ahem ahem)
It's slowly starting to get a little cooler here in Florida, so today we went swimming in our new little pool and went to the park and on a walk around the lake in our new neighborhood. Jackson didn't fuss the entire time we were outside. He LOVES it!

We've been so busy over the past month and I haven't really taken the time to sit back and write it all down. Since I'm better at blogging than journaling I'm going to write down some early memories here.
Thursday, August 26th was the big day, we drove to the other side of town to the title office to sign the papers and close on the house! We brought Jackson with us of course and he sat on my lap for the whole process and helped me sign my name time and time again. As we were going through all the little details, it was kinda crazy thinking about all the responsibility that comes with owning a house. But it was a little late to back out at that point and we were happy to sign all the dotted lines.
A few hours later we were in the house! I was cleaning the kitchen, Ty was putting together some of our new furniture and we had someone come to get the carpets steam cleaned. We learned right away that owning a house comes with maintenance when the carpet cleaner found mold stains hidden under a conveniently placed shoe rack in our master closet... we still need to get that replaced...
The next day we did some more last minute packing and started moving things over to the new place. Then we spent our last night in the townhouse and I got more emotional than I thought I would. But spending the last moments with Jackson in his nursery were really special. I will always remember that room, his first home ...

Saturday morning we got right into the moving business! We had 8 guys from our ward come and help us and we could NOT have done it without them. Once they all left and it was just the three of us, it felt so awesome to have all our stuff in our house!

A few hours later we picked up my mom from the airport and she really helped us get unpacked and finished bringing all the random stuff we'd left over from our old place. She helped that first week, and now for the past 10 days we've been on our own.
I know a lot of people want me to post pictures of the new place and I will .... but I really wanted everything to be put together first and I'm now realizing that might not be for a while. So hopefully pretty soon I'll get some pictures up here! But for now we're busy making this house our home...
3 comments:
oh my he is sooo cute! cute house! <3
Oh my gosh, that first photo of him is to die for cute! Congrats on the house, it looks great!
LOVE the rug!
Post a Comment