Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Abigail's Blessing

July 1, 2012 was Abbie's blessing day in our ward here in Florida. We would have loved to bless her while we were out west with all our family but it just wasn't able to work out for everyone. Florida has been our home for over 3 years now and we have lots of great friends here so we had great support on the day. Tyler asked 12 additional priesthood holders to stand in the circle for Abbie's blessing. Most of these men we have known since we moved here, including Elder Munns, President Johnson & Bishop Heninger.

Tyler gave Abbie an amazing blessing and she was awake, alert and happy throughout the blessing. Our good friend Jacque Munns so kindly took Jackson outside during the blessing so I could hear it :) Tyler held her up for everyone to see her after the blessing and he even gave her a little kiss on her forehead. I hope to always remember that image in my mind because it was so precious. Abbie looked so beautiful in her dress and had an amazing expression of joy and Tyler was so happy and looked like such a proud father.

Abbie wore the dress I wore when I was blessed, my sister Paige also wore it. It was in great condition and fit her great. We got her some stockings and I had totally forgotten about a bow until the day before. I couldn't find one I loved so she wore this same white bow from her baby announcement picture. She looked so beautiful and was a great girl all day...as usual :)











1 comment:

Ash said...

she is so cute! congrats on her blessing <3 Love you