So after three weeks of fun we finally made it back to our home in Florida. We didn't get home until midnight which wasn't as bad as it sounds considering it was only 9 pm Arizona time. Abbie and I were up til 1:30 that night and since she'd been sleeping in til 9 am every day in AZ, she slept in til noon. And the best part of it - I slept in with her! I can't remember the last time I slept that late - college maybe? But Jackson slept in til after 9 am and Tyler was able to be home with him and he let me sleep until Abbie woke up. This was quite the change since Jackson had woken up with the sun at 6 am every day of the trip... kills me just remembering those early mornings...
| Jackson loves his trains & Abbie (and I) love her swing! |
It definitely took us a while to adjust back to the time difference but after a few days we were back to normal. It also took us a while to adjust back to normal life. I hardly held Abbie at all when I was with my family. I swear she fell asleep in Paige's arms for almost every nap and I never had to rock her to sleep. Jackson had so many toys to play with in Arizona but he got so excited to see all his old familiar toys back home. That first day home he played with every single toy we own. But he also realized that he wasn't with his good buddies anymore. No more "ste" "gammy" "gandad" and "mike" specifically. For three weeks he had so many different people to play with that honestly I don't think he spent more than an hour interacting with Abbie. Since we've been home and its just us, he has been so much more interactive with Abbie. At least he still has her to play with! Now that she is smiling, cooing, and starting to laugh a little, he loves seeing her!
| Hi Baby! |
| Kisses for Abigail. |
| He loves hanging out with her. |
The first few days after we got home we stayed inside because it was raining constantly. We were feeling the effects of Tropical Storm Debby and it was not the most welcoming weather. But finally when the rain stopped we started getting out and about.
One evening we went to Sea World with Abbie for the first time. She slept in her stroller and baby bjorn the whole night and Jackson had so much fun and especially loved seeing Dolphins, Turtles, Sharks & a Polar Bear.
We also were able to go swimming in our pool again. Jackson is such a good swimmer and loves going "mimming!" with me but especially with daddy.
That first week home we also went to Blizzard Beach water park again with the two kiddos. We realized that some of the biggest tube slides didn't have a height requirement so I took Jackson down one of them. It was so much fun so he and Tyler did it too! We also went down the lazy river together (Abbie included) but the only pictures I got were these of Abbie sleeping.
| Here she is not caring that there are tons of crazy kids running around 10 yards away. |
It's been a fun first week home with these two kiddos that I am so lucky are mine!
But it was especially great to be reunited with Tyler! He is such a good dad to Jackson and I love seeing him interact with Abbie. She always gets the biggest grin for him and starts cooing and talking every time he holds her.
| One minute we were all awake in the bed talking and playing with Abbie and then I look over and they were both sleeping :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment