Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Our Week in Arizona

After a fun 5 days in California we all drove back to Arizona. Well all except Tyler. He had to fly back to Florida from California to be back for school that weekend. He took a red-eye from LA to Orlando and had to drive straight to school from the airport. So that was probably not his favorite morning of his life but we're glad he was able to stay as long as he could in Cali! 

I really missed him waking up with Jackson in the early morning hours for the rest of the trip! Jackson never really adjusted all the way to the time change, especially when the sun rises at 6 am in Arizona - he was up before 6:30 every day... Abbie on the other hand sleeps til 9 every day, love that baby!

Anyways, we spent a couple days in Califoria without Tyler and then drove back on Saturday, just in time for my brother to speak in church the next day for his Homecoming address on Fathers' Day. Yeah another not so ideal part of the trip was that we didn't get to be with Tyler on Fathers' Day. But I hope he realized how much we missed him that day and appreciate all he does!

Abbie and Nana talking before the meeting began.
Michael & Jackson
Papa & Abbie having a good coversation
 


We all went to a D-Backs game on Monday night and it was a lot of fun and a great game! There were lots of hits, home runs, and they won!
Paige held Abbie the whole game and she even fell asleep in her arms.
Jackson sat with my Dad & Michael for most of the game and had so much fun cheering for the "Backs!"

Near the end of the game he got restless so we bought popcorn and all of sudden didn't mind sitting on my lap - say cheese!


The next night we had a baby shower for Paige! I was a little busy with Abbie and helping her with her presents so I didn't get any photos of the event- but it turned out great!


 The rest of the week was a lot of hanging out, swimming, shopping, "Sassying", and spending time with family. I seriously hardly held Abbie at all this week. Paige was like Abbie's second mom this week, Grammy & Grandad held her lots, and even the uncles got in on the action.

Michael with Abbie - nice face ste!



Jackson loved sitting at the bar in the "big chairs" aka barstools



Jackson & Steven in their matching swimsuits, and of course he stole Ste's drink..


He also loved playing the piano this week, a little too loudly at times, so we'd send him to the keyboard instead...


Jackson sat and played with Michael's old trucks and trains for hours

The girls after a temple session, not realizing the boys were waiting for us inside ...
Jackson loves his sister
 Sunday morning we finally had to say goodbye and head back east. There was no way I was about to fly across the country alone with both kids though, so luckily Paige was heading to NY anyways so she flew with us. Honestly I could not have done it alone and was so grateful she was willing to do that with me! She held Abbie the whole flight(s) since we had a layover, and I was able to deal with Jackson.
The siblings all together, we took this right before we left for the airport.
 It was a long and busy three weeks but it was so great to see all our family and introduce Abbie to everyone. Now we're back in Florida and trying to adjust to normal life as a family of four. I love being home too, but I'm really missing all those extra helpers I had :)

No comments: