This little beauty turned 3 months last week and I can hardly believe it. Remember how she was just born, but then at the same time, I can't picture life without her? Remember how I wondered if I would be able to love another baby as much as Jackson? Wow I love her so much and am so happy to be her mommy.
Abigail at 3 months...
She is SO happy and smiley! I thought she was smiley at 2 months, but oh no back then her smiles were just getting started. As soon as she makes eye contact with someone she will smile. I've also caught her smiling at toys, the tv, looking out the window in the car, and of course in the mirror.
She is starting to play with toys and grab them. She will reach for the toys on her activity mat and the toys I dangle in her car seat. Of course these toys go right to her mouth. She's started drooling - not too bad yet at least, but I remember Jackson did the same thing.
She's starting to make more noises, trying to talk to us!
She loves it when we stand her up and we're very impressed with how well she does. She can stand for a pretty long time before collapsing her knees but she loves being up! Also she loves sitting up, not only propped on the couch, but she'll sit on her own with me just holding her hands and she'll start to try to balance herself. Jackson sat up really well at 5 months and I think she will be an early sitter too.
| Sitting in the bumbo, she really likes it despite her serious face... she is just staring at that elephant! |
Unlike her brother, she loves tummy time, she actually does better sleeping on her tummy so we've started doing that almost all the time now. I remember trying to take a picture of Jackson like this one below, and he was always so uncomfortable that they never turned out. She loves it though!
She loves her daddy! When Jackson is awake he totally monopolizes all the daddy time, but as soon as he's in bed this little girl has daddy all to herself! She always has the most to say when he's around.
She's still really good at falling asleep pretty much anywhere. She takes one long (2-3 hour) afternoon nap in her crib and then takes a few (15-45 minute) cat naps in the morning and evenings. It's kind of a random napping schedule but it works great for her! Pretty much her life revolves around Jackson's schedule. In the morning he's awake so she'll take naps either in her carseat while we're out, or anywhere else at home. She normally takes at least one cat nap a day in her bouncer chair, but also takes naps in her swing, in my arms, on my bed, on the couch, or propped up on her boppy like below. But since the afternoon is when we're always home and Jackson is sleeping, she's started sleeping then too -which leaves a great little window of time for me to get stuff done in the afternoon. Like blog for instance :)
She sleeps great at night too. Bedtime is starting to get a little earlier - used to be around 10, now it's closer to 9. She almost always falls asleep really easily and sleeps about 8 hours, waking up around 5 or 6. Then I'll feed her and she'll sleep for another 3 or 4 hours. She normally wakes up around 9 am, which is awesome, too bad Jackson never sleeps past 7:45...
Jackson still loooves Abbie, and lucky for him - she loves him back! It's been fun watching them interact now that she can play back. He loves giving her kisses and hugs, talking to her and giving her a binky if she cries. He has also tried to give her a strawberry, juice, lemonade, a tortilla chip and a cookie - obviously we're not letting it happen but I am glad that he is sharing with her because those are all foods he loves! He still refers to her as "baby" most of the time, but has also started calling her "baby-gail" ... close enough right?
| Trying to teach her how to roll over! |
| Love this one because you can see who she's smiling for! |
3 comments:
She is so cute!!
Love my little Abbie
yea! The flower! And to answer your question - INSANELY lucky! We're hoping our next one is only equally as difficult as Naomi or easier... don't know if we could handle much harder. Ay yi yi - I'm still scared!!!
Post a Comment