Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ty's Birthday!

**Just so you all know, that really was Steven on that last post. He did that all on his own - he was hoping for a few more comments - but he was glad to know that people across the world could read his words!**

After a fun-filled busy week, Tyler and I are back to normal life in Florida. While my family was here, however, we celebrated Tyler's birthday! While I spent my birthday alone for the majority of the day, he had my mom, brother, sister and future brother-in-law all here for the occasion.

He took the day off from work so he could spend time with the family having fun! We spent the morning at Animal Kingdom, had a late lunch at Pei Wei, went swimming in our neighborhood pool, then ended the day with Cheesecake Factory for dinner and presents and cake back at our place.



There have been quite a few changes in our lives since Tyler's last birthday. Although we went to Cheesecake Factory for both years' birthdays, in between the two dinners we've both changed jobs, moved across the country and now have a baby on the way. But even with those dramatic changes, I'm sure the changes between this birthday and the next will be even more intense!!

We've been married 2 ½ years and I still keep finding more reasons why I love him.
  • He's SO excited to be a dad. He gets such a huge smile on his face as soon as anyone brings up the baby on the way. We find out in less than 3 weeks if it's a boy or girl! We'll be thrilled either way…
  • He has been so patient and understanding with my crazy pregnancy symptoms. From doing the grocery shopping, cooking, helping with the cleaning, sacrificing nights out - he's changed his lifestyle without complaining a bit.
  • He does little things that he knows will make a big impact on me. For example when he got back from the DMV with our new Florida license plates for the Acura I was expecting the typical Florida Oranges plate, but he had this …

(There are over 100 specialty plates you can choose from here and he knew I liked the dolphin one the best. But since it's an extra fee every year, I didn't think we'd actually get one. He knows how much I love dolphins and wanted to make me happy)

  • He is able to make friends with people here in Florida so effortlessly. He's setting a great example to the youth he serves with at church, and he's one of the favorite leaders.
  • He's such a hard worker and has been doing an amazing job with his new company. Even though he's the "new guy" he's picked everything up so quickly you'd think he'd been doing it for years.
  • He truly is my best friend and we understand each other so well. I love just chatting with him, exploring Florida together, and preparing to be parents.

I'm so excited for the years to come!!

No comments: