Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thanksgiving in ...

Tyler and I are so excited about both of our sisters' weddings this December!! We're going to be in Utah and Arizona for almost 3 weeks for both of the events. We're going to Utah mid-December for Ashley's wedding in the Mount Timpanogos Temple, then a few days before Christmas we're flying down to Arizona. We'll be there for Christmas, the wedding and then fly back to Florida on New Years' Day.

So the question I had was .... what about Thanksgiving? This year we had planned on going to Utah and spending it with Ty's family, but since we're going a couple weeks later for the wedding Ty wasn't so keen on buying more cross-country plane tickets. So we're going to spend 5 days in Utah before and after the wedding in lieu of that trip.

I've always spent Thanksgiving with family, I mean come on... it truly is the holiday all about family! So this arrangement didn't really make me too happy (spending it in Florida with no family and making our own turkey dinner.) I told Ty that if we were going to be alone for Thanksgiving, we better do something fun that week!

Little did I know that Tyler would then do some research, and came back to me with this.

Ever heard of a "Babymoon"?? It's the final trip a couple takes before becoming parents! We're going on a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise, heading to Honduras, Grand Cayman, Cozumel & The Bahamas!! The ship leaves out of Ft. Lauderdale, so all we have to do is drive 3 hours and we're there! Since we have Florida residency, cruises are all discounted - so we're actually spending about the same we would have for plane tickets.

Tyler planned this trip when I was in the worst part of my "first trimester sickness" so I wasn't really getting as excited about it as I should have. During that time I had no desire to eat, get out of bed, let alone get on a boat! But now that I'm feeling MUCH better, I'm starting to get really excited!!

We took a cruise for our honeymoon to the Eastern Caribbean and absolutely loved it! We're really excited to be going back and we're with the same line, Princess, and check out more snorkeling and white beaches. I honestly never thought I'd go on another Caribbean cruise, especially not so soon. But then again... I never thought I'd be living in Florida either!


This will definitely be a Thanksgiving to remember -- and I'm just assuming that they'll serve a really good Thanksgiving meal that night! We'll miss all our family on that day, but luckily we'll be seeing everyone a few weeks later. Hopefully we'll even see ... you!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Man! You guys are living life to the fullest! Awesome!

Unknown said...

thats the coolest thing I have ever heard of! A babymoon! I just told josh that that is what I want once we get pregnant. Actually...its what I want before we get prego...what am I talking about?!?! haha Sounds so fun!

Ms. Green Eyes said...

What a good husband, Tyler! A Babymoon is a must do! Have a GREAT Thanksgiving. :)

Unknown said...

we were in San Diego in those pics. :-)

Lloyd and Kay said...

Hey you two, a babymoon, how fun. We will miss you at Thanksgiving. Have a great time. Love you