Monday, March 15, 2010

Update...

Baby Update ...

Baby is due in 16 days, but luckily I feel great! I haven't felt any contractions or false labor pains. I'm still able to sleep well at nights - other than the frequent bathroom trips, of course. I'm feeling pretty big, but I must admit I don't look as big as I thought I would at 9 months pregnant. I really don't think the little guy will be coming anytime soon (which is good because Tyler is out of town until Friday morning). My guess is that he'll arrive sometime near or after his due date.

Everyone keeps asking me, "ARE YOU READY?" and the answer is NO! As soon as Tyler gets back from his trip ... then I'll be ready! He's been traveling a lot this past month, trying to get a lot of work done before the little guy arrives. He's in New Orleans this week but then doesn't have any trips scheduled until May, so he'll be able to be with me at home for the first month!

A couple weeks ago we went down to Palm Beach for 3 days. It was our last of the many trips we've been on with just the two of us. It was weird realizing that the next time I'll pack my suitcase, it's for the hospital and not the holiday inn.




Also -- Spring has finally arrived in Orlando! The weather has been about 15 degrees below normal for most of winter, and now its gotten up to the 70s. It finally feels like Florida again!

And who knew there were bald eagles living in Florida? Yesterday when Tyler and I were driving to some friends' house we saw vultures on the side of the road eating a dead animal carcass. This happens a lot here, its kinda gross, I don't look usually. But i noticed that one of the birds looked different, it had a white head! I made Tyler turn around because I swear I saw a bald eagle, he thought I was crazy but he turned the car around and then we both saw it! A bald eagle totally dominating all the vultures and eating the animal. The vultures all just kinda stood back and let the eagle have first dibs. I think they all realized the bald eagle is kind of a big deal in this country.


Here's a pic we took with via iPhone...

6 comments:

Megan said...

You look great, Rachel! Best of luck on the delivery and coming home with a healthy baby boy! It's probably one of those things you never feel ready for, but as soon as you see his little face you'll know how to be the greatest mom in the world.

Ms. Green Eyes said...

You look adorable! Cute little belly. The next 2 weeks will fly by!

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

You make pregnancy look so good - I'm embarrassed you saw me so close to the end!

Carly said...

Woohoo!! I'm sooooo excited!

Also, I thought you might want to check out this site. I think you should add an entry:

http://www.baldeagleinfo.com/eagle/directory/FL.html

Kali said...

Yes, you do look too tiny to be 9 months pregnant! And I sure hope tyler hurries home. I was in a similar situation... I was waiting for Ryan to get home from the arctic circle... hoping maddie wouldn't come sooner:)

Jamie said...

Sooo exciting! You look great rach.