My birthday started a day early this year when Tyler took the afternoon off on Thursday. Tyler's mom and sister were still working down in Ft. Laud, but his dad had come back up to Orlando with us, so we had a free babysitter! Jackson had his 18 month check up that morning and the best early birthday present was he didn't have to get any shots! I picked up lunch from my favorite local sandwich shop (Perotti's) and had their Mt. Olympus Wrap- seriously craving Greek food lately! I put Jackson down for his nap and then Tyler and I headed out! We went to a movie and as we were walking up realized we should have brought some snacks because we were both craving something sweet. As we walked in the mall/theater we noticed a legit candy wall at a store by the theaters. Since it was my birthday, Tyler let me go crazy haha. I felt like a 9 year old but I filled the bag with our favorite treats to enjoy during the movie!
And we saw Rise of Planet of the Apes because I have always been fascinated by those movies, and am one of the rare people that actually owns the 2001 Mark Wahlberg version - which I love! Tyler thinks it's hilarious that I am so into the movies so he insisted we see it. And I'm not going to lie it was pretty dang good! I'm hoping they come out with sequels this time...
After the movie we hit up Sonic for happy hour cherry lime-aids just in case we hadn't had enough sugar... And then headed to the mall for some shopping! I got a few different items that I love! Especially the dress I got from Nordstrom Rack!
After shopping, we met up with the rest of the Jennings' for a dinner at Cheesecake Factory! Tyler's Dad brought Jackson over and Vicki and Jamie finished work in Ft. Laud early and drove up just in time.
This pic would have been great if Jackson's eyes were open!
(proof of what he normally looks like, and honestly it's pretty rare that he looks at me and smiles for a picture!)
We got cheesecake to go, but they brought me a birthday ice cream sundae - probably the smallest thing cheesecake factory serves!
Jackson sat through the dinner pretty well thanks to lots of entertainers and mickey mouse on my ipod. He got done a little before the rest of us and had fun going up and down the escalator with Grandpa.
On my birthday Tyler had school from 8 - 5 so I spent the day being lazy and pampered! I slept in and took my time getting ready in the morning. Then I went down to Tyler's school to meet him for lunch. I hadn't been there yet so it was fun to see where he's spending all his time. It's right in the heart of downtown Orlando. I have been super in to Greek food lately and he had told me about the Pita Pit Greek Wrap he had gotten for lunch the previous weekend. That sounded amazing to me so we picked up the food from there and then went and ate it back at his school. They have drinks, chips and cookies in the classroom for the students so we hit up the free sides and drinks!
Tyler had a classmate take a picture of us, but he zoomed in so much you don't get to see the amazing pita and spread of food in front of us! But I assure you it was so dang yummy and I'm now really wishing there was a Pita Pit closer to our place...
That afternoon I met up with a friend to get manicure and pedicure and it was nice to be pampered! Tyler got home from school around 5 and we had presents and cake time with Tyler's parents and Jackson! A big thanks to everyone for my presents! I scored lots of clothes, and shoes :-)
but then decided it was more fun to play with grandpa and the balloons!
I was trying to teach Jackson how to blow out the candles ... he likes cake a lot more now than he did at his birthday!
Tyler and I finished the night at Epcot while Tyler's parents played with Jackson. The Food and Wine Festival started on my birthday so I thought it'd be perfect to walk around and get all the food I've always wanted to try from the booths!
We were surprised to walk by a literal cranberry bog!
.: Little info on food and wine -- It's quite the event, and lasts for 6 weeks at the Epcot park. There are free concerts each night (Boys II Men is probably the best group that comes .. or Hanson if you're still living in 1997), different classes taught by chefs from around the country, and food-centered exhibits all over the park. But probably the most popular part about it are the country food booths. They set up 30 different booths that sell 3 or 4 appetizer and wine selections that are from each specific country. And the food is always very unique, and super tasty! It's not cheap, each little food item costs 2-5 dollars, so if you're going from booth to booth it adds up! :.
I was planning on getting a few appetizers and desserts from the booths, but after a day full of eating already, I ended up only getting two different items --
the amazing cheddar cheese soup from Canada
and the sausage on pretzel roll from Germany
Our main course for the evening was in Italy. It was actually at a restaurant that's there year-round, but I had wanted to try it. It's a pizza place that just opened this year and the pizza tastes pretty dang close to being from Rome! Tyler went here with his co-workers lat month and loved the prosciutto y melone mozzarella pizza (translation - prosciutto ham and cantaloupe pizza). Not going to lie, it sounded super random to me, but I trusted him and it was dang good.
Yes it even looks super random in the picture, but we loved it!
I honestly couldn't eat any more food after the pizza so we just walked around and ended up riding one of my favorite rides, Soarin, right before the park closed.
Then we headed home and caught the second half of the BYU football game - they won for my birthday - wasn't that so nice of them? I really wasn't expecting it honestly haha.
All in all it was an amazing birthday! Thank you so much for my family and friends who made it great!
1 comment:
SOOOOO cute that he posted on your blog! You are so spoiled <3 Happy Birthday Rach! I'm glad you were spoiled. You deserve it
Post a Comment