Definitely a fun memory.
We were so excited when we found out, but honestly it was not hitting home - I still couldn't believe I was really pregnant again. You'd think after having a baby already that it would really sink in, everything that was to come. But for some reason I really was in denial that there was a little baby growing inside of me. Wasn't that just what happened with Jackson? How can it be happening again - with another baby? OK maybe I'm just weird but I wanted to be honest in how I was feeling!
The month of August got tough when Tyler was traveling week after week and pregnancy symptoms started flaring up. When I was pregnant with Jackson I didn't have a job, we had just moved to Florida, so when I was sick I could just lay in bed all day and rest. Now with Jackson to take care of ... things got a little more challenging. Around my 6th and 7th week of pregnancy I was really scared that I was going to be just as sick with this pregnancy as I was with the first. During those times I was reading Katie McNeil's blog about her pregnancy sickness, cravings, food aversions, etc and I wanted so much to comment and say I'm right there with ya! I read about Jamie Cook feeling sick and exhausted and thus allowing Bryson to watch hours of tv a day, and it made me feel better as Jackson watched his 5th episode of Mickey Mouse.
I knew this would pass, but luckily for me it passed much quicker this time around. I went to my doctor during my 7th week primarily to ask for medication (Zofran) to help me through the nausea. I got that drug when I was 15 weeks along with Jackson, and I wish I had gotten it sooner. It helped so much, and since I started taking it a couple months ago I've gotten much better. They took an ultrasound when I was 8 weeks 2 days along - the exact day I got Jackson's ultrasound. It was just a little peanut back then, now I've got an avocado sized baby :)

This time around I have still been sick in the mornings, but it normally passes in a couple hours. I have been pretty tired, but I take naps during Jackson's naps almost every day and it helps a lot. The best part about this pregnancy compared to last is that my appetite didn't suffer nearly as much. With Jackson, I lost 8 pounds because I literally couldn't eat anything for a couple months, than I started eating cheese and slowly my appetite came back around 13 weeks. This time I have definitely had some food aversions and cravings, but I am still eating as much food as a normal person, if not more. I have been craving cheese again, but as I've mentioned - I'm super into Greek food too! Something different about this time around is I'm obsessed with milk, or chocolate milk. I am drinking a couple glasses a day and can't get enough.
So the next real question is boy or girl?? I've been telling people about how much easier this pregnancy has been and they want to assume it's a girl this time. But I'm not so sure it's just been easier since I knew what to expect, and of course for my lovely miracle drug. At first Tyler was totally convinced it was a girl too, especially after hearing Elaine Dalton's talk during General Conference - where she started her talk with the line, "No words describe the sacred occasion when a new father holds a baby daughter in his arms for the first time." But I think he doesn't want to jinx it so he's now coming back with, "well it could be a boy..."
I will be thrilled with either (obviously, right?) If it's a boy then awesome - I am in total boy mode anyways, I love being a mom to a little boy! I have so much cute baby boy clothes that Jackson barely wore since he got so big so fast! We have a nursery painted blue, and our house is scattered with trucks, trains, and balls of all kinds. It would be so great to have 2 boys 2 years apart, buddies for life. But then again, a girl could be so amazing. We would have so much fun getting all girly at our house and Jackson would be a great protective big brother to his baby sister. It'd be great to have one and one, but as I said - I'd be thrilled with either news. We will find out after Thanksgiving.
I'm in my 16th week right now and starting to get a big belly. It's not really a pregnancy tummy yet as much as it just is bulging a little bit. The friends out here can tell there is a little growth, but random people wouldn't look at me and say, "oh she's pregnant", probably more like, "oh she's been eating a little too much Greek food!" So yeah I'm getting along in weeks and now that the news is out it is starting to get a little more real.
Anyways, that's probably enough rambling for one post. I'm so excited to have another baby, I just hope Jackson will be ready for his world to turn upside down in April!
5 comments:
Loved this story! That is so exciting Rachel... Congratulations to you guys!
Congrats!! So exciting!!
oh I knew it. I knew it. I totally can sense these things. lol
Congrats! So excited for you and JAMIE!!!!
Congrats again! I'm definitely going to ask for Zofran next time around! Hope you're feeling good these days.
Congrats! I can only imagine the day when a second comes along here...Emma is so much the center of attention. ha ha! So exciting, another cute baby on the way!
Post a Comment