Friday, October 21, 2011

Discovery Cove

One of the highlights of my life thus far is my day at Discovery Cove. (Not sure what that is? - click here) I have been in love with dolphins for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I had a dolphin calendar, wall art, stuffed animals, telephone, and bed sheets. My mom took me to Sea World for my 12th birthday trip and it was my dream job to work at sea world. The dream kinda faded over time, especially when i realized marine biology was science, my worst subject in school.

Anyways, when I first heard about the concept of swimming with dolphins, I knew I'd have to do it one day. And finally that day came this month! If you didn't click "there": Discovery Cove is a theme park" done by the same people as Sea World. It's only 20 minutes from our house here in Orlando but they have big pools for swimming with dolphins and snorkeling with the most beautiful exotic fish, aviaries of exotic birds, and pools, rivers, and sand beaches for relaxing in the sun. Tyler and I had actually been thinking about going here for months now, but when my cousin and uncle came to town, we were finally able to go!

My cousin Drue turned 16 this summer and her birthday present was to come to Florida for a week of outdoor/animal fun. She LOVES animals and was in heaven searching for all the wildlife our backyard has to offer. We spent the week with them at Sea World, Epcot, Downtown Disney, Animal Kingdom, but the best day was our first one at DC!

Here are pictures of that amazing day!




















No comments: